Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Planning a Wave!

Today, I was giving the task of planning a WAVE! 

What is a WAVE, you ask? Well, apparently at the end of each term, here at the school, there is a staff social, in which goodbyes are said to those departing and a time of celebration is planned for completing one term.  The person who usually organizes these galas will be gone this term, so I was giving the task to organize Term One's social... just call me, Phil the social director! ( Do I hear the Love Boat theme?)

I know, I know ... you are still wondering about a WAVE. So, as the leadership team was sitting there at the picnic bench brainstorming, I asked, " So it is like a wake?"  The other American laughed and the British person said, " A what?" (The Australian was not present, so I do not know her response). We explained that a wake was a custom of visiting and  viewing the departed and then having food at a demur gathering. The Brit said, " Oh, I thought you said a rave." (Which is an out of control dance party...as near as I can figure and I really don't want to know more)   So I said, "That's it! We will put the Wake and the Rave together and have a WAVE!"  They both shook their heads and groaned!

So I am planning a WAVE!  I went right up to my office and typed out the whole program. Should be an interesting social! 

I will send photos when it happens!  

I am kind of excited about this WAVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment