Friday, September 28, 2012

Getting ready to WAVE

Party hats

Working on the pattern
Oops.. did I cut my
shirt wrong?
Today is the WAVE party... aka staff social. This WAke (as in saying goodbye to those departing the school this term) and raVE (as in Hula dancing) should be a first in my books.  I have prepared a shirt and a headress. I wanted to attend in style. I actually told everyone to come in a Hawiian shirt ... but then I realized I didn't have one. So I made one. It is not perfect.. but then in the islands, we are very laid back... so I am not worried.  It is the headress that I am more proud of.
I have been studying a couple hulas, but not too comfort with teaching them. So I will be practicing a lot this morning. It is all for fun!
Hope.....no...plan to have lots of photos after the event.  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment