Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Door to Patan

This lake was tucked back into a densely
populated area. It was  a surprise to
come up on.  Chandeshwari Temple
Today, I went for a walk around my neighborhood. I was actually looking for a specific temple that had  something like 999 buddha statues on it, but I could not find that one. ( after looking at a map I realized I was too far west)  However, I did come across a couple other interesting places, like the Patan Dhokha. This was one the four gates into Patan. I had been meaning to get there and today I stumbled upon it, in my wanderings.   I also was walking through the small, crooked streets of Patan and suddenly this greenish lake with a number of temples and a stupa opened up. It was quite amazing. I love the idea that you never know what you are going to find around the corner.

Pim Bahal Stupa and lake


A crumbling apartment building

A small pati for resting

Patan Dhokha entering Patan 
Patan Dhokha from the other side


No comments:

Post a Comment