On Saturday, I visited another Nepali church. It was more traditional than the one I normally attend. We sat on the floor with women on one side, men on the other. I was able to follow the words more and am slowly learning the tunes of the praise songs, which allows me to sing along more. The sermon was in Nepali, but the pastor actually gave the four points of the sermon from Luke 22 in English first. He then said, " I did that so the English speakers (there were about 6 of us) could have something to think about while I preach in Nepali." I thought that was nice of him. It also allowed me to follow the sermon a bit better, because I know the words for 'first', 'second', and 'third'. I guessed on the fourth point. He actually told a story about Napoleon, that I had not heard.. but got the gist of. I enjoyed it, in spite of the fact that he went 20 minutes over and apologized profusely at the end for going long. It would have been okay, but sitting on the floor for that long (2 hours) is difficult on my back and my legs kept going to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment