Sunday, September 30, 2012

Wash Day!

It was wash day in KTM!  Just off the right side of the photo is one of the communal water pools. Saturdays are a crowded day at the pools around town as everyone shows up for their weekly scrub and to get the laundry done. They actually start early in the morning and there can be quite a line up. The walls around the pools of others, who just come to sit,watch, and pick up the local gossip.
I did not take a photo of the pool as there were a lot of people standing around in their underwear. But I was impressed with this field of drying clothes. And more was being hang out.
It also reminded me to do some laundry when I got home... but I did mine in a bucket in the bathroom at my house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment