Today we had our LOP cooking class. Yesterday,we were send out with a grocery list to buy all the ingredients. We got most of the stuff on the list but out teacher said she would bring the rice. Then today we gathered at my place ( as it is close by and had a large kitchen) minus our normal teacher because she had a cold. But our other teacher step up to the challenge and we went to work We were preparing a curry ( although that is not what I would call it) and the national dish: DaalBhat! We got down to chopping up all the things needed to be chopped and stirring up the aromas. I had cooked some chicken, so we added that to the curry and set the table. We had a good time, but I don't remember speaking too much Nepali. Hmmmm!? The best thing about cooking class is - of course- getting to eat the food you prepared. It was very mitho!
No comments:
Post a Comment