
On Sunday, I had the privilege of sharing at a women's group at a Newar village church. God had given me a scripture to use a while ago...Ps. 46:10...so that is what I shared. When I first arrived, one of the women came up to me and said, "We have been praying for you." How humbling!

It was a very amazing time. They opened up with a number of songs. I was able to read the hymnal, but not knowing the tune, just hummed. They even got up and danced. There was a time of prayer and one of the ladies shared a passage from Psalms 113 before singing again. But this time I knew the song.... for the rising of the sun...so I sang in English. They then presented me with a gift. It was a cross... with the word Jesus as the crossbeam. Once again I was humbled... and thought, " But they haven't heard the message yet!"

It was then my turn to say something. I must say that speaking with a translator allows one time to think about their next words more carefully. So I spoke and used a visual aid, something new for them, I believe.. I asked for responses from the ladies and I think that also was a different approach than they were used to. But I saw understanding and God was good. My translator did a wonderful job... and then when we were done... the pastor's wife, who had scribbled down eight pages of notes...gave a summary (if eight pages is a summary) of the lesson in Newar,(one of the 100+ languages in Nepal).
After the study, we had the customary chai and a couple people came over and expressed their thanks. I just said, " The glory goes to Him...the father of every language!"
On the way home my translator friend said, " You need to give this talk to the other church we visited in July! More women need to hear it!" Oh..Billy Graham, I am not! But if God can use me.... Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment