So in LOP class, we have be discussing how to express feelings. It has been a great joy...not!
However I was working on my Nepali outside of class last night..talking to a waiter... and after a bit of arduous ( on my end) conversation about how happy the food made me, he said in Nepali, " Your Nepali is very good." I replied in Nepali, " Could you please write that down, so I can show that to my teacher!" It took me a couple times to get it just right, so it lost the humor in the translation. He looked very puzzled and then just shook his head as if to say, "Badeshis are a crazy bunch!" I am definitely telling her this story today!
However I was working on my Nepali outside of class last night..talking to a waiter... and after a bit of arduous ( on my end) conversation about how happy the food made me, he said in Nepali, " Your Nepali is very good." I replied in Nepali, " Could you please write that down, so I can show that to my teacher!" It took me a couple times to get it just right, so it lost the humor in the translation. He looked very puzzled and then just shook his head as if to say, "Badeshis are a crazy bunch!" I am definitely telling her this story today!
No comments:
Post a Comment