Sunday, September 2, 2012

Math in a Cafe

Those of you who know me, know that math is not  my most favorite of subjects. However, today in a cafe I came up with a math problem that I knew I needed to share.

Two women walk into a cafe and order a plate of fries.  When the plate arrives, 30 minutes later, there are 26 fries laid out in a nice pattern. The two women split the fries evenly among them, 13 for each woman.  There is one small bowl of sauce. The fries were tasty and the tomato sauce was just enough for dipping for all the fries.

                                                                                   
        So how much was this plate of fries?

2 comments:

  1. You can now see why I am not such a great fan of math! These are the kind of questions math teachers always put on their tests!

    The answer was $2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.... how did you get that answer? and beside they look more like french toast sticks.

    ReplyDelete