Ps. 46V10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
For the past week, every time I wake or have a moment to reflect, this is the verse that comes to mind. I am not sure all that it entails. I have been meditating on a couple of His attributes (they are numerous, so God has had mercy on me and limited me to these...for now):
He is holy
He is powerful
He is merciful
He is shield and defender
He is truth.
Too many more and I would be drowning in really deep thoughts! God is too infinite to know, but it is my desire that I spend my life doing all I can to know Him! I want to find out all I can about God Almighty while I am here on earth. That way when I get to heaven, I'll recognize him faster...(Did you just hear that chuckle? Me too!)
I think my greatest question about this passage has always been - What does it mean to 'be still'? That is something that has baffled me for many years...but I was given (while I was napping) a picture today that helped...um... clear things up.
In this picture, I was given a large jar of very filthy water and told to try and look through it. There were all kinds of particles and sediment in it. I was trying to look through it, but I could not see anything through all the sediment whirling around. I then heard, "Put it down." So I did. I just sat there for a moment watching the dirty water slosh about. Very slowly, the water calmed down and the sediment started sinking to the bottom. The water cleared up and I could see through it. My bible was laying open on the other side of the jar and I could read the words in it, "Be still and KNOW that I am God."
What a wonderful picture that was. I just need to sit quietly, in stillness and let the busyness of life settle at the bottom of my jar. Then I could see clearly into God's Word and know God. What a blessing!
As a side note, I get shivers when I read the phrase, "I will be exalted among the heathen. I will be exalted in the earth." That just gets me stroked about what God is doing (and planning for me to be a part of) here and around the world. Bring on the praise! He will be exalted in the whole earth. Front Row seat please!
Just wanted to share that.... May the Word of God enrich your day today!
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
For the past week, every time I wake or have a moment to reflect, this is the verse that comes to mind. I am not sure all that it entails. I have been meditating on a couple of His attributes (they are numerous, so God has had mercy on me and limited me to these...for now):
He is holy
He is powerful
He is merciful
He is shield and defender
He is truth.
Too many more and I would be drowning in really deep thoughts! God is too infinite to know, but it is my desire that I spend my life doing all I can to know Him! I want to find out all I can about God Almighty while I am here on earth. That way when I get to heaven, I'll recognize him faster...(Did you just hear that chuckle? Me too!)
I think my greatest question about this passage has always been - What does it mean to 'be still'? That is something that has baffled me for many years...but I was given (while I was napping) a picture today that helped...um... clear things up.
In this picture, I was given a large jar of very filthy water and told to try and look through it. There were all kinds of particles and sediment in it. I was trying to look through it, but I could not see anything through all the sediment whirling around. I then heard, "Put it down." So I did. I just sat there for a moment watching the dirty water slosh about. Very slowly, the water calmed down and the sediment started sinking to the bottom. The water cleared up and I could see through it. My bible was laying open on the other side of the jar and I could read the words in it, "Be still and KNOW that I am God."
What a wonderful picture that was. I just need to sit quietly, in stillness and let the busyness of life settle at the bottom of my jar. Then I could see clearly into God's Word and know God. What a blessing!
As a side note, I get shivers when I read the phrase, "I will be exalted among the heathen. I will be exalted in the earth." That just gets me stroked about what God is doing (and planning for me to be a part of) here and around the world. Bring on the praise! He will be exalted in the whole earth. Front Row seat please!
Just wanted to share that.... May the Word of God enrich your day today!
No comments:
Post a Comment