Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Brain Freeze Language style



In script writing class today, I was doing okay until my mind

                            ...jusssst .....starrrrrr..ted tt...ttooo......shu...t...dooooowwnnn.

I mean I literally could not think of anything.  The guru would say a word and I would just sit there ...blank! I would then start to write and hit the first vowel and there would be nothing...nil...zip! It was very disheartening and I was very glad when the class was over. I think the guru was too!

I walked over to a friend's house for lunch in a slump. We ate lunch and  I started to feel my brain buzz again.  As we were talking, I would suddenly rattle off a Nepali word correctly!                                          

It was very frustrating  because I know my brain knows it, but I can not squeeze it out of my hand or tongue! Language learning can be a real pain sometimes.

However God did give me a bit of encouragement later on.
I was shopping and had three bags to gather up as I was preparing to head home. The store guard was helping me and I start to count ...one...two.... I stopped and started again...ek...dui...tin. He started laughing and gave me a clap! I needed that smile today!



1 comment: