Sunday, July 8, 2012

Playing Tour Guide

On Saturday, a friend and I went out to explore the city on our own. We had a grand time navigating the streets and alleyways and I got to practice my Nepali.  I was definitely more in my element. I felt like I was testing myself - could I get around Kathmandu without getting lost? Since I am writing this, I can say it was a successful adventure! Here are a couple photos from the day.



A view of the palace ground and city from the ninth floor.

Stairwell of the palace.
This is the section of the palace with the 9 floors.
I have been to the top... once was enough!

Saturday is holy day- so worshipers flock
to the temples and religious sites.


Washing one's hands.
Older brother finds respite from younger
brother...sort of. He had been higher up
the pole, but was slowly slipping down.
Navigating the city streets.



Another cow on the streets. Actually on the
way home a whole herd of cows was on the side
of the road and one decided that he wanted to
cross just as we were approaching. I was a bit
scared of hitting it, but we swerved and
continued without mishap. Phew!




No comments:

Post a Comment