Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Reading like a Grade 1

In LOP class, I took in some books that I found, thinking that they might be low enough for me to actually read! HA! I think I made it through page 3 and the class is an hour long. The problem was that I thought the tense was simple...however I found out that the sentences were full of auxiliary verbs. So I got an impromptu lesson on how to create an auxiliary verb that works with the main verb! It was good, but a bit advance for me. I still like the sentence ... Ma aardvark manparchha! It is short and simple.
I do not envy first graders!

All this sentence structuring got me to thinking....(I heard that groan)...in heaven will we have verb tenses? I think not... because won't everything be in the present? I mean, there is no time in heaven, right?  So maybe Cheribimese will be easier to learn. (For those who don't know 'Cheribimese' is what I have been calling the language of heaven for many decades). Of course God will be able to talk to each person in their earthly mother tongue...but I like to think there is a language in heaven too (probably just to keep the linguistically-minded happy).

Anyways, if you see a first grader today...give them a hug and tell them that you know an old lady who is learning to read too, so keep pressing on and read as much as possible! The break through is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment