Monday, July 2, 2012

Test in the Distance Future


Today in LOP ( Language Orientation Program) class I received some shocking news! We were merrily conjugating pronoun verbs ( the infamous verb "To Be") when our guru Parmaswari handed us (by we and us, I mean the two of us in the class, Mike and myself) a piece of paper.
Mike said, " Is this a test?"
The guru answered, " No, this is a quiz.  The test will be at the end of the whole program."
Both of our eyes got as wide as saucers and we said simultaneously, " What?"
Parmaswari very matter-of-factly stated, "Oh yes, at the end of the 16 weeks, you will be tested by a Nepali teacher, who is licensed."
I asked, "So what happens if we don't pass?"
She just smiled real big and said, "Then you don't get to work at KISC."
We sat there for a moment  stunned (more from the idea of a test, then not working at KISC).
 I said, "Wait a minute! In KISC you don't have to speak Nepali."  
Parmaswari said, "Yes, that is true."  
Sometimes I really have to watch this one... she is always trying to trick us!  Of course she says it is only to keep up with us (and by us, I mean me) and our joking.
                                                    Anyways now I have to deal with test anxiety too!

3 comments:

  1. Come on now sister you can handle it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know the sentences I have to create! But I have been warned. So I am studying more now...

      Delete