It is not a simple S, D, or ED! Oh no! THAT would be to0 easy. In LOP, we have been introduced to the wonderful land of verb endings of the simple present tense. We have stepped outside of the realm "to be" and now are venturing into some real action!
Let me see...ek, dui, tin..I am counting on my fingers...chaar, paanch...yeah, five different verb endings for the affirmative... and ...ek, dui....wait a minute..paanch....five different verb endings for the negative. Okay, I think I got it.
But then I found out that one has to divide the verbs up into three categories based on the last letter before the 'nu' which is the infinite ending. Then there is a different joining for the affirmative or negative verb ending depending on which category the verb you are using comes from (Are you dizzy yet?) I guess the fact that I can keep all this straight in my head is a step forward...but please don't let the smile on my face fool you. That was only for the photo!
The good news about all this is that the future tense endings for verbs are the same as the present tense one! But I don't want to even consider the past!
No comments:
Post a Comment