There is an old children's song about "Muddily Puddles" that I was singing on my way to fellowship today. This is monsoon season and it rains just about every night and sometimes all day. Today the roads were particularly muddy and at times it would have been easier to just walk through them, instead of trying to figure out how to get around them.
However, the shoes that I wore were not conducive to aquatic exercise, so I had to approach each puddle with some plan of action. As I approached one of the larger puddle, I heard a motorcycle coming up behind me. My first thought was to ask for a ride, but there were already three people and a small child on the bike. So instead I stood back and watched to see which path the driver took. He did not want to go through the puddle with all those others on the bike, for it was a fairly deep pot hole. So I watched and once he got through it, I took the same path.
Eventually I made it to my destination without getting my feet and shoes too muddy. I really need to wear my duck shoes more.
However, the shoes that I wore were not conducive to aquatic exercise, so I had to approach each puddle with some plan of action. As I approached one of the larger puddle, I heard a motorcycle coming up behind me. My first thought was to ask for a ride, but there were already three people and a small child on the bike. So instead I stood back and watched to see which path the driver took. He did not want to go through the puddle with all those others on the bike, for it was a fairly deep pot hole. So I watched and once he got through it, I took the same path.
Eventually I made it to my destination without getting my feet and shoes too muddy. I really need to wear my duck shoes more.
I'd really like to hear you sing the song;)
ReplyDelete